Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Own Worst Enemy

I've been a little down this past few days and can only attribute it to my job. I moved into a new role recently (not by choice) and I feel somewhat adrift. I was moved into a growth opportunity and away from what I'm convinced would have been an eventual lay-off so I am very grateful, but I've been having trouble getting settled and up to speed. 


A lightbulb suddenly went off today and I realized my problem is not the new job. My problem is... laziness!!! I know exactly what I need to do to improve my situation but for some reason I'm not getting down to it. It's the same as when I complain that I'm out of shape but I'd rather sleep an extra half hour than get up and work out in a morning.


Laziness with my finances was just one of the many reasons I got into debt and it's now the single biggest obstacle to the issues I'm feeling towards my new job. I hope that now I've identified the problem I can start working on a fix. Just like I did with my credit card debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment